Friday, October 17, 2008

Go Joe - That's what's up!

Hell ya - that's all I have to say. I agree, 110%: Why should people who are successful and make fat cash be charged more taxes than everyone else?! Let's look at it from another perspective here - my mother says "with more money comes more bills." True? I think yes. Everyone has an average set income, no matter how much variability there is, and everyone sets room aside for the bills and savings, flat out. The remainder is what is left to be spent, correct? Okay, now, if you only have so many bills to pay and are saving a steady amount and you still have a fat chunk of change to be spent, won't you spend it? YES! The only difference between you and the guy making 6 figures is how many bills you have, guaranteed. How would you feel if your taxes were raised, that's how they feel, and it won't be long until Joe is right, again, and our precious government lowers the bar a little closer to your income level.

This article here discusses McCain's position on Obama's raising taxes and how he refers to "Joe The Plumber." I learned more about Joe here. I do have an argument though against Mr. McCain - Why would you attempt to call out Obama on tax raising and bring in Joe to the fight when he doesn't fall under Obama's proposal? Instead of bashing the proposal itself, why not bring it up as "the middle class POV?"

This article briefly runs through the mix with few references. It's directed toward the general public, mainly middle/lower classes as news from a fellow American's point of view. I cannot agree with anything the article itself has to offer, however I can agree with Joe, who is part of the article. I believe in his opinion and agree, like I said, 110%. I understand taxes, it's necessary and must be done, that I do not mind, but leave it as it is, don't make me pay any more than is needed when money can be drawn from other places, like McCain's proposal on cutting certain funds. "Um, yes please!" Don't touch my money!

I am Thomas Adkins, and I approved this message.

No comments: